Sunday 16 September 2012

Weekend #13

There isn't much to report about this weekend just gone apart from the fact it was another craaaaazy busy one helping J settle in to his new house, buying lots of storage solutions and poster frames galore.

We spent most of Saturday whizzing around town picking up all sorts of things. We just grabbed enough time to have a hog roast bap in the sunshine which was yummy, lots of apply sauce of course ;). I also treated myself to some new make up brushes as my old ones had started to shed a bit too far and becoming a bit sparse. I justified this as a 'need' purchase, rather than a 'want' so this was ok...yes?

We went out in Bedford Place for a few drinks in the evening but nothing to raucous as J was on call. Home for some late night pizza and we hit the hay - both exhausted from the days efforts.

Sunday, more of the same, housey things for most of the morning and afternoon. We took the evening off to cook some steaks as a treat for all of our hard work. We watched the film "We Need to Talk About Kevin" which I thought was brilliant, but someone had spoiled the ending for J so he was a bit disinterested. Somewhere in this madness, I managed to stir up a batch of the infamous Slutty Brownies so we kicked back with a cup of tea and some of these before it was time for me to hit the motorway, back to London.

This week sees all change in our little London house with some new housemates who I cannot wait to get to know a bit better. Lots of wine and telly I think! Right up my street :)

Found it a bit hard to pick a Sunday Sound this week as we were a bit too busy to stop to even listen to any music! I have my housemate to thank for this current choice as I asked her what she was currently listening to. She told me about this band she liked called 'Tallest Man on Earth'. I've been listening lots this evening and I love it. The perfect soundtrack for a Sunday night chillout. This song is called 'The Dreamer' but they are all good tracks. Definitely one to watch out for...


E x

No comments:

Post a Comment