Sunday 2 September 2012

Weekend #11

Well another whirlwind weekend has gone past in a flash! It all began on Friday night when J met me after work now he is back from his holiday work trip, and we went for some Thai food for dinner. We then whizzed home quickly as we were off out for a big night as too of my housemates are moving out over the next two weeks. We partied the night away in a bar called Wax Jambu near Angel and it was great, amazing drinks, even better music and the best company.

We were all feeling a little delicate the next morning but managed to hold some more housemate viewings and finally found 'the one', to our relief. After a quick nap and lots of food, J and I headed down to Southampton as he is also on the house hunt and I played chauffeur for the afternoon. We rewarded our hungover states with a mountain of fish and chips and got an early night - we were still exhausted from being out all night, reminding us that our student days are long since over!

Today, we popped in to Southampton for the morning, I dropped J off at HMV and took myself over to the beauty counters of John Lewis (more to come on that!). After poking around there, I went over to Boots. To my surprise (and delight) the Southampton Boots has had a massive overhaul and there were lots of new counters that I was shocked (and pleased) to see. There is now a Bare Minerals (also more on that) an Ojon, Smashbox, Philosophy and lots more. It is nice to be able to look around these brands without the usual shoving of Oxford Street/Westfield.

Back home we went to cook ourselves up a whopping Sunday roast, delicious. After lots more house hunting online we watched some of the Paralympics - inspirational stuff. I then winded my way back to London for a cuppa and a quick catch up with everyone before getting myself some well deserved rest!

This weekend, a song that popped up a lot and has been getting lots of Radio One exposure is 'Little Talks' by Of Monsters and Men. This is a tune that you can't help yourself bopping along too or tapping your foot. It's also mega catchy and you will catch yourself humming it for the rest of the day. I haven't checked out much more of their stuff but I know Fearne Cotton has been playing them loads and they were big at Reading/Leeds - a good sign of things to come! Most people have probably heard it by now, but if not - you're welcome ;) You should also watch the video, it has a great little animation. I keep hitting refresh!


I can hardly keep my eyes open any longer! Off to sleep for me :)

E x

No comments:

Post a Comment