Sunday 9 September 2012

Weekend #12

In contrast to the last few weekends I have had, chilling out and seeing London, this one was manic! I nipped down to Southampton on Friday night to help J pack up the last of his things as he was moving house. This was accompanied by a fat takeaway and watching The Orphan as it was on telly and we both love a good horror flick.

Saturday it was all systems go. We got up nice and early to fit in a bacon sarnie and a cup of tea, before piling everything in to my trusty little Clio. This beast of a car has moved house with me about 5 times, J once already, and done all manner of trips up and down the country for long uni holidays. Squeaking at the suspension and two trips later, he was in. We were on a bit of a tight schedule as had to be back in London for early evening so everything was quickly unpacked. We took a trip to the cavern of delights that is The Range - an amazing destination for all things 'home' and super cheap. Some storage solutions and a whole load of coat hangers thrown in, we made our way back to make use of them.

After this was complete, we shut the door on his new little home and trekked our way back to London. J was off out with friends but I was in with my housemates as sadly one of them was leaving us to head back to Oz. Cue X factor, chilling, and lots of wine.

Sunday, again we were all up bright and early to wave off our little pal :( she will be missed! For the afternoon we had an indoors/outdoors BBQ. AKA Tescos had run out of disposables so we cooked the meat on the George Foreman and ate it outside in the sunshine. A lazy afternoon and a few films later, J made his way back to Southampton for another week. My housemates and I spent the evening opening gifts that our little traveller had left behind and watching more films (can't get enough!). Early nights all round after an exhausting few days. Mine couldn't have come any sooner as I am feeling very under the weather, looks like I am coming down with a nasty cold, fingers crossed a good nights sleep will do the trick.

With all this wooshing around, the soundtrack to the weekend had to be a chilled one. I absolutely love this song. I have heard rumours that because of its name, that it will be on the soundtrack of the 50 shades film, when it comes out. Although, this is rather early to be releasing a song for a film not even made yes? I could definitely see it being a good film soundtrack but who knows! Anyway, it is by the very hot right now artist, Delilah, from her album "From the Roots Up" and is a great tune for winding down and reflecting after being so busy - just what I needed. Enjoy!


E x

No comments:

Post a Comment