Saturday 11 August 2012

Weekend TLC

This weekend is a different one for me, J is away for work for three weeks so I am in London, kicking it by myself :) It feels very strange as this is the first time this has happened since I move here in April. Usually I'm either in Southampton, he's here or I'm home/another location! I can't believe I have been here this long and still not stuck around for a whole weekend.

This morning was lovely as I met a friend for breakfast in a lovely French cafe, I had eggs Benedict of course, can't get enough of them! We then headed back here to sit in the garden and soak up some rays over a cup of tea. This was so nice as I don't usually get to just kick back and relax like this, we're usually cramming in some sight seeing or checking out places we haven't been before. 

Seeing as I have all of this 'me' time, I plan on doing some pampering. First in line, will be my unruly hair. I am still trying to bring it back to life after it was dried to within an inch of itself with certain shampoos, but that's a story for another day. 

The other weekend, I went out and bought myself a wide tooth detangling comb as I read that brushes can cause damage by breaking the ends off of dry hair. This was only a couple of pounds or so from Boots own range. There were more expensive ones on offer but I honestly couldn't see the difference so I went for this one.

 To put on my hair, I still have some samples of the Damage Remedy hair masks from Aveda. On Sunday evening I plan to slather on some of that, run in through my hair with this comb, whip my hair up in a topknot and run myself a hot bath, letting it soak in and do its wonders.


My favourite bath tonic is this Bath and Shower Concentrate with Essential Oils by Clarins. It creates a light foam and smells all delicious and herbal. It's perfect for a nice relaxing soak before bed. The oils linger on your skin and send you right off to sleep - perfect. I got this as a free gift when I bought my night cream and perfume a few months ago. It lasts for a while as I don't have baths all that often, I can never find the time :(


I can't wait!

E x

No comments:

Post a Comment