Thursday 2 August 2012

Fit Yourself Properly...Part 2

So I just thought I would do a little follow up post from yesterday's advice

Now at lunchtime, I popped in to M & S to put my plan in to action. Unfortunately - the Covent Garden M & S does not keep its racks (har har) very well stocked, leaving only the obscure and very small sizes left behind. I did try a few on but they were no good for me and I left empty handed and bit mis. After posting yesterday, I had a comment from the very lovely Sarah who blogs over at Sugarpuffish, mentioning the great measuring service from Bravissimo.

Image Source

After thinking back to Sarah's comment about Bravissimo, I decided to look them up. I don't know why but I always thought they were like a cheap mail order type place for ugly bras for extremely large breasts. Well, I stand utterly corrected. They stock a really nice range of bras for all tastes and purposes. They also have some really nice swimwear and sports underwear, as well as supported nightwear - perfect for a pyjama day or when the postman knocks and you don't want him to notice you are not wearing a bra (it happens to the best of us)! Anyway, I found that they had a store in Covent Garden and took myself down there after work, to have a look around and also see if they had a free measuring slot.

Do bear in mind that their sizes start from a D cup upwards, but according to their research, most women who think they are a B or a C, are actually a D with a smaller back size anyway! It is always worth a check.

Upon arrival, the staff were very helpful and pointed me in the direction of where to go for fittings etc. They had a free slot so I snapped it up and off I went. My fitter was a very lovely and friendly lady called Bassey. She made me feel really at ease at really knew her stuff. Unlike other places you can go to be measured, at Bravissimo, they do it all by eye using a combination of sizes. She started out by pointing to all the areas where my current bra was letting me down and poorly fitting and then after asking me what styles I liked, whizzed out to get me some different ones in a range of sizes to try on. She then went through the same thing again until we found the perfect fit. 

The whole experience was really relaxed and informal, you didn't feel like you were being poked or prodded at all. My fitter was very good at her job and she really gave me a little bit of a confidence boost and I felt much better about myself. I picked my favourite out of all of the bras and left with just one (and the matching pants ;). I will definitely pick up more in time, but my budget does not quite stretch to re-stocking my whole supply, just yet!

So, a  big thank you to Sarah for suggesting this to me, and to Bassey and the team at the Covent Garden Bravissimo for their great service (and making me feel a bit special). Whilst measuring yourself in the conventional way is great for getting an idea for your size, it is merely a guide, as mentioned. It will suit most people but for those with difficult dimension - I couldn't recommend the service I had today, any more strongly. Who knew someone could be so far out on size on something they wear everyday!

E x

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic, so pleased you had a good fitting service experience. I took my sister into a store & she was saying "ooh my boobs are too small for here" she came out two cup sizes bigger so she fits their statistic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fantastic, I was several sizes out in both directions so shows how little I knew! The lady said probably 98% of women that come in are in the wrong size, often by quite some way. I would definitely urge anyone to go and see, it's free and they do not pressure you to purchase anything in anyway.

      Delete