Tuesday 21 August 2012

Lusting after COS

So where I work has to be one of the most tempting places for shopping. Okay, so it's not like I am right by Westfield, or in the middle of Oxford Street but the temptingly small shops around Covent Garden seem to make you feel like it is all good to have a long browse and spend lots of pennies. Thankfully I am on a severe spending restriction to boost myself out of my student overdraft (could take a while!) and so I am showing remarkable self restraint. This does still of course mean that I can browse to my heart's delight. This is almost more rewarding (stay with me!) as you can look endlessly but without all of the guilt (see, always good).

On to the shops that take up a lot of my browsing time... Obviously, Zara is always a hit. Although you can tire of it after a trip every day (!) and so I took myself on down to COS as they always have so many nice pieces in the window. 

This is just a little collage of a few of the things I am lusting after at the moment :) (apologies that the prices are in euros, but the site doesn't convert them!).

I am imagining this with either skinny jeans or pulled down over thick tights, big bright scarf thrown on and some winter boots for trudging about in the bitter English winters.

As above really, a staple look for me in the winter is big jumpers over leggings or tights so I am dreaming of stocking up my wardrobe in such a way! This is also 100% Merino wool, very toasty, so perfect for those winter mornings waiting for the train to arrive.

I loved this little bracelet as an injection of colour to their winter season. It is so easy to cover yourself in greys and blacks for this time of year, but this little treat is the perfect arm candy to brighten any outfit. It is small enough to be subtle at the same time.

I know it may seem a little odd to be sharing underwear choices with the world, but I really fell in love with this pretty set. Every woman will know, that somedays, you just dont feel like wearing a bra, at all. Now, sadly, for some women (myself included) this just isn't possible. The closest you can get to that liberating feeling is going sans underwired. Sadly, most non-wired bras tend to either look like they belong to someone who is pregnant/breastfeeding or are made of a material that looks like your nan's old tights. I thought that this set was the perfect mix of comfort and prettiness in underwear form. Also, who can resist a matching set! One of life's simplest pleasures, hey. I thought that this bra would be great for one of those 'working from home' or 'duvet and a film' days where you need to have a slight modicum of living in the first world but you want to relax in comfort. Also, we all know how embarrassing it can be when the postman knocks and you are trying as hard as possible to not let him know you aren't wearing a bra and that you are not in fact, in your pyjamas.

I hate to be one who is wishing away the summer, especially considering the lush bit of weather we have recently had, but I can't say that I am not looking forward to getting out the scarves and wooly boots and getting all cosey. By the time I am a week in, I will be hating it again, don't worry!

E x

No comments:

Post a Comment