Friday 24 August 2012

The Best Value Pizza In Covent Garden

So I just thought that I would share with everyone, what I think to be one of Covent Garden's most amazing treats! You can pick yourself up a 12", freshly prepared, stonebaked ready to order, real Italian pizza - for £4! You read right, only four squids. Just thought I would let you know in case you are ever in the area and stuck for an idea for lunch :)

This amazing treat, was discovered by a chap in our office and can be picked up from an quirky little place, called The Express Coffee Company (ECCo) at the Holborn end of Drury Lane. Ever since he had it for lunch one day, it seems to have become something of a Friday tradition in the office. 

This place doesn't look like much from the outside but inside holds what I think are some of the best value pizzas, baguettes and assorted sandwiches on the block. As I mentioned, the pizzas are £4 and the sandwiches range from about £1.50-£3 for a large sized carb and protein feast. You can also get yourself pizza of the day which is a bit more fancy, but still only a mere £5, or a plain margherita is only £3.50 - barg!

Things also happen super fast in here, if you are going for a pizza, you pick your topping off a basic list behind the till and order from one of the enthusiastic staff, barking "next please". You are issued your order number along with your change and bustled out of the way of the queue to wait for said number to be called. The whole thing happens in under 10 minutes, you are handed your delicious lunch in a traditional pizza box, and you are on your way. My personal fave is to head to one of the secluded 'parks' (5sq m bit of grass with some trees and flowers) hidden around Covent Garden and munch it down.

Not the best snap, taken on my iPhone, but you get the idea! Lots of yummy toppings - lovely :)

Just as a tip, I usually go for the ECCo Special - black olives, prosciutto, artichoke hearts and tomato and basil sauce, topped with cheese of course. Lots of my favourite foods, all in one place! 

E x

2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious, what an excellent find :) I love olives & artichoke on pizza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sooo tasty, all the traditional toppings on offer too but this one is definitely my fave!

      Delete