Sunday 26 August 2012

Weekend #10

It feels rather strange to be doing a weekend round up, when it isn't actually over yet. Long live bank holidays! This one has been absolutely lush, I have fallen in love with London all over again!

After work drinks on Friday meant a nice long lie in on Saturday morning was needed. Following this, I tootled up to Chiswick High Road to meet a friend for lunch and a poke around the charity shops. You never know what you can pick up in an area like this, the throw-outs of all the wealthy Chiswick-ites! We were having a lovely time when the heavens well and truly opened so we sought refuge in Cafe Rouge and stayed for a glass of wine and their lunch menu - will do me! This was all fine and good until the water started pouring down the wall behind us, creating puddles on the floor all around. We promptly got the bill and headed to the shops, despite the thunderstorm going on! 

Saturday evening was incredibly glamorous. Housemate and I popped to Sainsbury's to pick up some treats. Once fully stocked on ice cream we devoured it on the sofa whilst watching good old Twilight - proper girls night in, we know how to live ;)

Today, after another lie in, a couple of housemates and I popped in to Central and winded our way up Regents and Carnaby street for a spot of shopping. Prices, a far cry away from the charity shops, meant I came home empty handed, but I still enjoyed a good browse. Lots of things on the mental wishlist for a payday treat (maybe)!

Lunch was spent in a brilliant little spot which happened to be having a beach party, complete with sand all over the floor, buckets and spades, and shells on the table! Felt very strange to have sand between your toes and still be in Central London. This weekend I have so much love for our capital city. It never fails to amaze me and I love taking the time to explore. We went all over, we even took ourselves for a poke around Sloane Square, somewhere I had not been before.

On the walk back we caught a glimpse of the filming for the new Diana film, potentially spotting Naomi Watts, but she was running so it could very well have been her stunt double. Will have to have a see when the film comes out!

This evening, back home to finish last nights ice cream with a marathon film sesh including Beethoven, Beauty and the Beast, and Atonement. That will do me. Tomorrow will be filled with more housemate fun, we are cooking a ham joint and baking some cakes. No doubt there will be more films in the evening and a glass of wine or three - perfect.

Whilst getting our bake on, I plan to listen to this song. A lot. I first heard this when played by Radio One's Dev and loved it. It is by Zedd, a German electronic dance producer and DJ. A bit different to my normal Sunday Sounds but is definitely one to get you up out of your seat and do something. Dancing around whilst getting ready is my number one choice ;)


I challenge you all not to get itchy feet when you listen to this.

E x

No comments:

Post a Comment