Sunday 12 August 2012

Weekend #8

I mentioned yesterday that this was my first solo weekend in London so I have been making the most of it! It's been great to just chill and catch up on life for the weekend, getting all of those odd jobs or things you wanted to get done but never do. Not so sure I will be loving it so much by next weekend but we shall see! It has been so lovely to have both a Friday night and a Sunday evening again though. I am used to dedicating them to my love affair (not) with the M3/M4.

Yesterday I had a lovely breakfast out with a friend and then an afternoon in the garden, enjoying the sun. The evening was filled with a big yummy BBQ with some more friends. We were all marvelling at how nice it is to sit outside past 6pm and it still be warm - very pleasant.

Today was mostly spent relaxing, I actually had a very low key day - the highlight was a trip to Sainsbury's! I loved it all the same. I bought myself a yummy steak and my housemates and I watched the Olympic closing ceremony with a glass of wine in hand. These last two weeks have gone so fast, I can't believe it is drawing to a close already. What will we all watch on telly now?!

I can't pretend I have been listening to this all weekend, but here is a small tribute to everyone's (?!) favourite girl band from the 90's, the Spice Girls. Their show tonight may have been brief, and not everyone's cup of tea, but it sure was good/nostalgic to see them strutting their stuff again :) 


I hope everyone else has had as nice a relaxing/chilled weekend as me :)

E x

No comments:

Post a Comment