Sunday 19 August 2012

Weekend #9

First things first, I cannot say a single thing about this weekend before mentioning how bloomin' lovely the weather was. Honestly, where did that come from?! I thought we had already had our allocated one hot day of the year, back in July. A big thank you to whoever doled that one out, it was much needed/appreciated.

Due to the absolutely beautiful weather, I spent most of it in the garden. We have the most perfect little decking area out the back with a big table and lots of chairs (great for doubling up as sunbeds - sit on one, feet up on the other!). Both days were pretty much spent out here in the sun, reading and chatting to housemates. Although, this afternoon was rudely interrupted by a bit of a thunderstorm and some rain drops - not happy. Thankfully the sun showed his face again a bit later on.

This was the perfect weekend to a very busy week. I have not had many evenings at home or free time, hence the 'no blog' period since last Sunday! I have been catching up with old friends from home, seeing good friends from university and generally running around like a crazy thing. It was perfect to just chill in the sunshine and think about nothing. I do feel slightly guilty that I haven't left the house since Friday evening, but hey, when the weather is as nice as it is, it would be a shame to do anything else other than sit in it!

I also took this sunny opportunity to crack open some of the lovely wine that I bought back from France, In July (with lots of ice cubes in mind, no one likes warm wine!). It was also a chance to catch up on the tan that J will come back with following his month in Bahrain (cheeky). No one likes being the less tanned one in the relationship and I usually win this battle!

We have mostly had the radio but right now I am listening to a little bit of Jessie Ware. I first heard her on I think it was Zane Lowe's Radio One show whilst driving back from Southampton on a Sunday evening (correct me if I'm wrong and this isn't Zane Lowe's slot). She played a couple of songs and I really enjoyed her voice, she was also really nice and down to Earth too. I couldn't remember for ages what her name was until it popped up again another time and I made a mental note to check her out. Her music is really great, I think, so definitely check her out. I know she is very out there at the moment and I bet she will be a big hit over the next few months. I LOVE this song, it is called Wildest Moments :)


I also really enjoy this song, it is perfect for a Sunday evening in the garden. This one is called 110%.



Happy weekend, everyone,

E x

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing I am enjoying these tunes, not heard them before :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I am so glad, I always ty and find something each week to share it. It makes me smile to know that someone listens to them and enjoys them like I do :)

      Delete