Sunday 15 July 2012

Weekend #5

Well hello! It has been a little while since I have been able to write a blog post as things have been rather hectic recently. As I mentioned in my previous post, I took a trip to France for a week with my family. I actually got back to London last Monday, but as with all holidays - the week after you have been away and get back to work seems to counterbalance all the stress relief you gained from being away! I had a very busy week with getting back to work, lots going on and haven't had a free evening since.

This weekend has also been a rather jam-packed one as I wizzed down to Southampton on Friday night as J was on call, only to find out that a very good friend of his was having a birthday in London on Saturday night. Luckily we worked out a plan that meant we would be able to attend said birthday as it would have been such a shame to miss it. This did, however, mean wizzing back up to London last thing on Saturday - let's just say, I am getting to know the M3/M4 VERY well! I was treated to a little glimpse of the Red Arrows in practice and a few rainbows on the way down on Friday though, so not all bad. Usually I like this quiet time to pop my (very out of date) iPod on my car radio, belt out some cheesy tunes and recollect my thoughts. I spend so much of my time travelling squished in with other people and their armpits on the tube, it is nice to have this space to myself.

Following a late night last night, today we just took it easy, having a late breakfast at Cafe Rouge (yum by the way - will definitely be going back for their Saumon Benedict!!) and then just watching some telly this afternoon. This evening I intend to get things in order after my busy week and get back in to my routine again. Of course, this will be aided by a large glass of wine, some chocolate and a long hot soak in the bath. Whilst I was at home, I picked up some treats from way back at Christmas which included some Lush bath bombs so I will be popping them in my soak I think. I have never had one before so definitely a treat!

Lastly, I picked up lots of treats in France that I can't wait to write about so watch this space ;)

Just to end this post off in the usual style, I have been listening to Lianne La Havas this evening. I actually got this song from iTunes a while back as their free single of the week. This is a really great treat that I encourage everyone to try as you often pick up some real up and coming artists waayyyy before they release anything in to the mainstream - and it's free! I love her voice and think it's perfect for winding down, definitely check out her tracks if you like this sort of music. I couldn't find a studio version of this track, this is a live version but honestly - it sounds the same! The sign of a true artist I think.

Happy Sunday everyone :)


E x

2 comments:

  1. Aah the M3/M4 it's a delight isn't it? lol you should pop in for a cuppa as you pass my house :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it really is a treat! Especially when you throw in a few miles on the M25 on a Friday night...

      Where are you based sweets?

      Delete