Sunday 29 July 2012

Weekend #7

This weekend flew by so quickly! It was a little different from normal in that we went to J's parents for some R and R, back in the countryside.

J came to London on Friday eve and met me and some friends from work for a drink and to watch the opening ceremony. This was such a great atmosphere and really fun to watch with a big crowd and not just on the sofa in your pjs! Lots of cheering (and confused laughter) at many parts of it (Champion of the Earth - I'm sorry, what?!), but a really enjoyable evening overall.

Saturday we pelted back to Bucks. and caught up with some friends, spending most of the day in the sunshine in a beer garden - I'm never one to complain at that. In between, we caught up with and watched all of the goings on in the Olympics and filled ourselves up on yummy homemade grub.

We did plan to come back to London on Sunday, but the pull of home comforts was too much so we spent the rest of the day there, again, watching more Olympics fun. We went to the cinema in the afternoon and saw the Dark Knight Rises - worth a watch but not sure I would see it again. To be honest, it was rather hard to understand what anyone was saying, what with the facemasks and lots of mumbly American accents! I think this has been a resounding critique, so I have heard.

Anyway, more homecooked food and cups of tea and then we both pinged our separate ways, me back to London and J back to Southampton.

A band that we listened to a lot this weekend is one that we are going to see in October. The Gaslight Anthem are J's fave band and I managed to secure us some tickets to see them at the O2 in Brixton for a bit of a surprise for him. I really like their music too and so I am very excited to go - it's been ages since I have seen any live music (feeling old). This is the title track from their new album, which I have been enjoying. It is great music for putting on your car radio at full blast and singing along.


No comments:

Post a Comment