Monday 16 July 2012

The Most Versatile Handbag Ever!

When we first got to France, we visited the town of Morlaix for some breakfast and a wander around. Our Gite wasn't ready until four so we had lots of time to kill. As we were scoffing down our coffee and croissants (5 minutes in and I'm already at the pastries!), they were setting up their weekly market outside. Lots of French treats to be found, some yummy and some a little bit strange but always enjoyable to have a look. 

My Mum, Sister and I were particularly taken by a stall selling all sorts of leather bags. Now I'm not talking your sleazy Italian type mass produced jobbies that you often see on market stalls, these were hand tanned, local animal, hand stitched little pieces of bag heaven. My mum fell in love with a Goat leather bag, I suppose most similar in style to a Bayswater but a of course, different and I spotted this little treat. It is in actual fact, a sheep leather bag - giving it that distinctive orangey-brown colour.


It is honestly the most perfect sized bag ever, especially for heading to work. I can cram in my Kindle, umbrella, all the general crap I carry around and much more. The separate pockets are great for putting in smaller things that you need to grab to hand quickly - i.e. USB sticks, I'm always losing mine in my other cavernous bags! The other great thing is the shoulder strap, no more tired arms!

One of the things I love the most about it is how it has that kind of vintag-ey look even though it is brand new, it's all a bit wonky and rough and ready so you know it was hand crafted, hopefully with love! Seeing as my birthday is coming up, this was another little pre-birthday treat so super lovely.

All in all, I think it was an absolute steal at 39 euros. It even has that authentic smell that you know means it is real leather. I absolutely adore it and have been using it ever since I bought it! The only annoying thing is my current purse is literally 1cm too long so it doesn't fit. I have been using one of the pockets inside as a purse instead. I love my purse too much to change it so this is something I have not figured out how to get around yet!

E x

No comments:

Post a Comment