Sunday 22 July 2012

Weekend #6

Just a quickie one from me this Sunday evening, it is also a rather late one! I spent the weekend in Southampton so had to drive back this evening, anticipating that the roads would be chocca due to Olympic traffic so thought it would best to leave it as late as possible to leave. Luckily, the roads were fine and no hanging about.

We didn't get up to too much this weekend as J was on call again so we just sat in the garden, soaking up the rays. On saturday, we wandered in to town to mosey around the shops and we grabbed some lunch at Bella Italia on the way home - they had a delicious and bargainous lunch menu for a starter and a massive pizza for £7.95 - can't really go wrong. Back home for some more sun-soaking and some films.

Sunday was much of the same, although we threw in a delicious BBQ for good measure (which mainly looked a lot like this one!) It was too hot to do much else so we just happily sunned ourselves and I managed to finish the Hunger Games trilogy which was well worth a read. A friend has recommended I now read Divergent, by Veronica Roth so I may give this a go - love a good action book for the daily commute.

I am now tucked up in bed, slathered in a tan preserving after sun, hoping to maintain at least some hint of a summer glow for a few days! This evening, I have been listening to a bit of Dolly Parton. Now don't snigger, as some of her more laid back stuff is really chilled, plus, I quite like that whole bluegrass, haybale thing. This is the title song to a really laid back authentic, country feeling album and great for a late night drive on a Sunday.

 

Goodnight all!

E x

2 comments:

  1. oooh!! Just found this post and realised I'm the friend!! I featured in a blog post! love xxx

    ReplyDelete