Sunday 24 June 2012

Weekend #4

This weekend was a good one as we FINALLY spent it in London after J managed to get the weekend off call. I have a trip to France next week so won't be seeing each other for a while so it was nice to get out and see the sights. We had a lovely day planned on Saturday where we were going to go to Richmond and hire out a boat on the river as the weather was supposed to be lovely. Long story short, it wasn't. We didn't realise the boats aren't in the park bit of Richmond, they are in fact on the Thames so we were wandering around for ages and the the heavens opened! Lucky we both had a sneaky coat in our bags.

After our afternoon of sunshine and fun was rained off, J (shockingly) suggested that we head to Westfield. Now this is a man, like most others, that has a loathing of shopping and all related locations so I thought I would grab the most of the opportunity as I had never been before, even after living in London for nearly a year now! We weren'r really on the hunt for anything but it was somewhere indoors that we could mosey around for a bit, and a sight to see if you haven't been before - it's HUGE! We followed this up with a big scrummy burger and skinny fries from Gourmet Burger Kitchen (also somewhere I had not been before) and headed home for a much needed sleep.

Today we went to Oxford Street, again on J's suggestion - I don't know what is getting in to him?! We just went for a mooch around and to see if there was anything in the sales that we fancied. Although there wasn't much, it was still nice to have free time walking around Central as usually I'm only there at work or rushing around like a crazy thing at lunchtime. We had a very naughty lunch - a 'Wox Box' which is basically a box stuffed with Chinese/Asian style food so naturally lots of caramel chicken and special fried noodles went my way! We figured we could justify it as we were walking it off ;)


We spent the afternoon ambling around the National Portrait Gallery (another new spot on my map, I am sounding rather useless here) and then walked through Trafalgar Square and along Whitehall (past Dave's house!), past Big Ben and in to St. James Park which was nice. Again being touristy is not something I do often so it was really nice to take in some sights, especially as the weather was on our side this time.

After a tense game of Football (Can't say I was paying too much attention as I had my head buried in my comp!) and a long weekend of walking and sightseeing, I am exhausted! I think that this song is one that is extremely apt. for this weekend in particular. I love the soothing voice of Joe Purdy and his songs bring back some very good memories so this is the Sunday sound I am loving this evening.


E x

No comments:

Post a Comment