Sunday 17 June 2012

Weekend #3

So today has been a perfect mix of relaxing and being productive. I was down in Southampton this morning until this afternoon and then waved goodbye to J as he went off rowing and I stayed in bed with a cup of tea, reading some of my favourite blogs. I planned to make my way back to London but the weather was lovely and sunny so I sat in the garden and painted my nails and generally relaxed. I also managed to catch up on writing lots of blog posts which was nice as I don't often get time for this. It's usually a last thing at night jobby.

Getting back to London before nighttime means that I have managed to get on top of the mountain otherwise known as my washing pile. It's a good job I have lots of clothes/underwear or I would run out all the time!

An exciting thing that happened this week is that we moved offices at work on Friday. This was a very long and very tiring day - if you were in or around Covent Garden you would have seen us shifting everything down the road! I very glamourously piled my tower, screens, keyboard and mouse on to my desk chair as a makeshift trolley and wheeled it down the road to the new office space. Sadly there is no lift so four trips up and down four flights of stairs later I was set up and it was time for a cup of tea. Although not before I made another trip back for the coffee machine, I then proceeded to spill the contents on the dregs tray all down myself - smooth.

The new space is really nice so going to work tomorrow will be a bit different. Even though it is still in Covent Garden, it is at a different end so I'm sure there will be lots to explore. Sadly for my bank balance (not for me!) I now have to walked past Zara AND Mango on my way to the tube and will find this hard to resist.

I like to end of my weekend with some Sunday style music, chilling myself out before heading back in to central for another hectic week at work. At the moment I am really enjoying listening to Julia Stone. I have always been a fan of her music, with her brother Angus (making up Angus and Julia Stone) but her solo stuff has really caught my attention. I know their music often divides opinion but for me, it is just what I want to listen to when driving/relaxing/unwinding. It is good weekend stuff! One of the comments reads "she sings like butterflies and honey" and I think this sums her voice up just perfectly.


Goodnight, E x

No comments:

Post a Comment