Monday 28 May 2012

Weekend #1

If you are a foodie, or a summer-ie(?!), or both (I am), then this post is for you. I had the most lovely weekend in Southampton, with temperatures tipping 28 degrees on both days. I can honestly say that I pretty much did nothing apart from lay in the sun and wonder what I was going to eat next. J and I popped to Waitrose early on Saturday morning to stock up on supplies for the next few days. Starting with my favourite breakfast of poached eggs, on crispy bacon, on toasted English muffins and drizzled in hollandaise sauce, the food fest went on...

We then decided to stock up on general summer food, including all things BBQ, and I mean ALL. We chose some Tiger Prawns, burgers, steaks sausages, halloumi, olives, the works. Oh, and a whole load of fruit to go with it - nothing better than a spot of sunbathing and lots of juicy berries to snack on. What weekend is complete without wine and crisps, thrown in the basket with much haste I have to add - my two biggest weaknesses, especially if they have the word 'pesto' on them.


All in all, it turned out to be a really nice weekend, lots of lounging around, reading magazines and chowing on A LOT of scrummy food. We did leave the house/garden to take a wander to a really nice bar in Southampton, called Turtle Bay, just for a few drinks. They serve the most delicious cock/mocktails and what looked like some lovely Caribbean style food as well. Lots of tasty treats to offer and I hope on another summer evening we can go back for some food. Once again, Sunday came around too quickly and I am back in London, riding the sweat pit that is currently known as the London  Underground! I already can't wait for the weekend which happily is a super long one and I hope to get a glimpse of some Jubilee happenings/eat lots of Jubilee related food :)

E x


No comments:

Post a Comment